Something else to consider, almost every side effect of the medications are reversible. If you discontinue the meds, you go back to normal in time.

The procedures, though, are most often not reversible. Too many urologists push what they are trained to do and will badger you into what they can do, and if you choose another route will cut you off as a patient. If so, you don't need this md. He is not your friend.

I have a long story covering 15-20 years with this issue. I've counseled many people in the pharmacy and have probably studied more about this issue than most pharmacists because of my personal journey. I was fortunate. If I didn't know how to research this stuff, I would have ignorantly let a doctor butcher me. I make it my goal to inform my patients about these prostate issues and also any sexual function problems they might be too embarrassed to talk to anyone including their doctor about.

If any of you have questions you don't want to discuss in this thread, PM me. I am a pharmacist and a preacher and it will be confidential.

blessings,
Jerry