Originally Posted by MickeyD

Originally Posted by OrangeOkie
A revolver solves the .22 rimfire "misfire" potential. Just pull the trigger again.

WRONG! Sometimes you may only have time for one shot. In a self defense situation, when milliseconds may matter, one needs that first shot to count! What happens if the next round goes 'click' as well? Multiple assailants...need as many rounds as possible, etc.
There's so much that could go wrong with "just pull the trigger again".

When I was a LEO we got a report from a nearby city about a man found staggering around like a drunk that had been detained by a local LEO. Long story short, the suspect was not drunk, he had been shot in the head multiple times with a .25 ACP giving the victim a massive head ache. The bullets had failed to penetrate the skull. Powder burns in the scalp indicated a very close range shooting. Based on that, don't believe I'd want to trust my life to a 25 acp either.

With practice and training there's very few people that can not master a 38, 380, or a 9mm. When it your life or the life of a loved that is on the line being armed with the means of defense is critical. Both practice and training are essential.

Wrong? In what way? Riddle me this . . . how many milliseconds does it take to pull a trigger twice? Get back to me when you've done your homework. grin

"All that the South has ever desired was that the Union, as established by our forefathers, should be preserved, and that the government, as originally organized, should be administered in purity and truth." – Robert E. Lee