Originally Posted by AU7MM08
11 CCI stingers is going to be better than her hands.

I disagree on the CCI stingers. They start expansion as soon as they enter the body. On small animals it works great. However through coats and if it hits ribs, no penetration. I recommend CCI Mini Mag solids. Tests from survivalists say they will penetrate a deer skull at 50 yards, thus penetration of humans at close range. Now that was out of a rifle. May not do as well at a distance with a pistol. All things said, a 22lr using CCI Mini Mag solids should be fine for a woman who can't handle a 380 or 9mm.

She might do better with a full size 9mm pistol with small grips. My wife can hold a 9mm Springfield XDM with the small grips better than a Glock. It was hard for her to reach the trigger on a Glock. The larger pistol being heavier will cushion the recoil better. I have a Diamondback DB9 and it kicks harder than my 9mm Springfield XDM. Can't get my little finger on it. It is just easier to carry concealed in the hot summertime in the deep south. Also, she may not be holding the gun snug and extending her arms and using both hands. My wife has more trouble racking the first round in. A 38 special revolver may also work.

Last edited by Dixie_Dude; 02/18/20.