Originally Posted by Valsdad
Rick, and/or other Cali handgunners.

I moved back to this politically screwed up state in the fall of '16. Am I missing something? Should I decide I want another handgun do I need to wait 30 days? Or did you purchase another one recently?

A relatively inexpensive way to get some handgun experience is the HAM hunt for javelina in AZ too. Quite a number of units have leftover tags from the draw if one didn't get in on that. Could be tied in with other vacation plans if timed right too. Added benefit, if you find a practice "leaded" round you like you can hunt with it in AZ.

Good luck fester and Rick.

Now, if you guys could find me a source of suitable weight (length) .25 caliber lead free bullets for my 25-20/.256 WinMag Bowen revolver I'd be forever grateful.

Geno

A couple things:

There is a 30-day waiting period between handgun purchases in Kali. I already have one in the works, which means I have to wait 30 days before I can start the DROS process for another.

There is a "roster" of approved handguns in Kali, and you can't buy new anything that is not on that roster (there are a couple of exceptions for LEOs, family transfers, and private party sales). Because the requirements to be on the roster now include microstamping, which basically still does not exist, no new guns are being added. Sooooo, for example, no Gen4 or Gen5 Glocks, plus a ton of others, are on the roster.

It's so onerous it's laughable.

"What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly: it is dearness only that gives every thing its value. Heaven knows how to put a proper price upon its goods; and it would be strange indeed if so celestial an article as freedom should not be highly rated." Thomas Paine