Originally Posted by Yondering
Originally Posted by gunner500
I'm damn sure no Gunsmith and realize the 10mm came before the 40 S&W, but still wish the 10mm would have been brought to market with a small primer pocket and tough thicker web area as in the 40 cal case.

I don't understand why people keep repeating that myth. Try sectioning both a 10mm and 40 S&W case of the same brand. The case webs are exactly the same.

Sure, a small primer can make the case head stronger in theory, but if you're loading at the level where that matters (i.e. loosening primer pockets), you're way WAY past the max case pressure.

Already have, three drinking rednecks at a Buds machine shop, with only two there being machine shop intelligent, and I wasn't one of em, don't know if all the brass was of the same company make, but sectioned 9, 40 and 10mm, to my eye, and without miking, both the 9 and 40 looked a little thicker in the web area than the 10.

I started this autopsy after talking to the guys about the 40 cal kabooms in the Glock, and the poor guys with Colt 10mm's having to shoot watered down loads because of smileys, I load 200's to 1200 fps in my DW 10mm, not STUPID enough to load to primer pocket loosening, ymmv, I have 44 mag and 454 revolvers if I need more power. crazy

Trump Won!