Originally Posted by jwall
Originally Posted by SKane
Originally Posted by Filaman
What is so important to carry around when you're stalking game? I carry my phone in a pocket, my knife on my belt, Extra Ammo in a pocket and that's about it. I leave the kitchen sink and all the other crap at home. I don't want to be burdened with a lot of crap. I go hunt and go home for lunch, then come back arould 3 PM for the afternoon hunt. If I shoot something I walk back to the truck and go get it.

"this is how I do it, ergo, that's how it is everywhere" < smirk MY edit >

uhhh Filaman that ain't my style. I don't go in > come out > go in > come out !

I NEED a daypack for MY hunting. On average the Pack + content weighs 12 lbs.; Less on warm days - no thermos.
I don't return to my truck UNTIL I kill or have to leave.

Day packs are handy.

Jerry

Like you said, it depends on WHERE you're hunting. I normally deer hunt on farmground, usually within sight, or just over the hill, from the house where I stay. I just carry a knife, rifle, some ammo, and maybe some gloves for gutting a deer, and a little rope, maybe.I can get all that in my pockets. If I plan to be gone most of the day, I might pack a water bottle. Filaman is probably doing the same thing I do, and is hunting farmground, and can either get to his vehicle with a short walk, or get back to the house. To be honest, I can usually get back to the house, get a tractor, and skip the drag rope and knife, and do that cleaning at the house/shed, with all the handy accessories.
Things would be different if I were hunting Colorado or Wyoming mountains, but I'm not.

You can roll a turd in peanuts, dip it in chocolate, and it still ain't no damn Baby Ruth.