Originally Posted by War_Eagle
I have thought on and off about using an upland vest like Mike recommends. My only gripe is that I have yet to find one that was decently made out of a quiet material.

I have just settled on a lighter, smaller back pack that is large enough to stick my heaviest jacket into the main pocket. Besides that, I usually only carry a knife, gloves, beanie, some paracord, a flashlight or headlamp, and some hand warmers.

My biggest negative to sticking stuff in your pockets has always been that I eventually leave something in my pockets. That is why I like the small, light pack. Everything is in one self-contained location. No matter what I am wearing (generally), I just grab the pack and "go" knowing that what I need is all there.

Remember (depending on where you live) to take your “one bag with everything “ out of the truck at the end of the day. I left a small fanny pack on the back seat of my truck a couple of years ago and while at work, at 0830 or so on a bright sunny Monday morning some scumbag popped my window with a glass breaker and grabbed the bag. I lost Leupy BX3 8x32’s, a Garmin Rino 120, a Nikon Acculon range finder, a stag Remington baby bullet knife and a TOPS knife as well as license, ammunition and probably a Clif bar....
My fault of course and I expect I’ll never see that stuff again but I’d sure like to know who did it. Local PD says the homeless around here will bust your window for 2 bucks in change in your center console. I guess I’m fortunate that it was a grab and go, I had 2 handguns in the truck at the time. Lesson learned.
Mike

"May the LORD bless you and keep you, may His face shine upon you, may He be gracious and give you peace"
from Numbers 6:24-26