Years ago, in the 90's, wife really got into shooting, mostly rifles. Gave her a pistol for self defense and she took to it like a duck to water. I would load 50 rounds on a single stage press, take her to the range so she could shoot while I shot rifles and before I could finish setting up to fire the rifles she'd ask for more ammo! Bought a Dillon XL650 just to stay ahead of her. It made shooting a loading much more fun. Wife died 10 years ago and I quit loading pistols and have shot very little until recently. I've taken the Dillon out of mothballs and shooting weekly, about 200 rounds a session. No telling how many thousands of rounds I've loaded on it but in all the shooting out of multiple pistols I have NEVER had a squib load. I have the powder check system for each of the cartridges for which I load and I've never had the warning buzzer wake me up! It's pretty difficult to screw up. The only problem I've had has been with the occasional primer going in cockeyed, or flipped, but that's easy to catch on inspection. No telling how many rounds I've loaded on the Dillon but I'd guess in the tens of thousands. I've loaded for both 9X19 (Luger), 9X21, 38, 357, 41 mag, and 44 mag. Have yet to load any rifle cartridges and truly don't intend to, preferring to load them singly for "extreme" accuracy. Depending on the powders you use the Dillon powder drop system is quite accurate.

Used to be bobski, member since '01