So I was thinking arround the same line as shooter 45 3-4 hundred to fit.
A little more to the story I sent my blank to a very reputable stock maker for duplication. My action an early dakota 10, i was told by dakota the early ones require differant inlet and passed this on to the stock maker, he says no problem he has patern for early and late.
Well he missed the through hole bored in wrong location and wrong angle. Call him up sent picts he says send it back I will fix it and pay shipping both ways please include the action. I decide to barrel it up and ask him just to fit it as it will probably be the only way the through hole will be right. Ask stock maker what it would cost he says he will take care of me.
I send barrel action and stock he duplicated back and ask for no bedding 7 days later he calls saying it is done and he will be sending it allong. I say thanks and ask what I owe he says 1300 my reply was dollars? He says yes my reply I was thinking 3-4 hundred he says not even close I get 4400 to stock a rifle. So I am stewing for a week while the rifle ships back. Pull it out of the box tang has a 1 inch crack he did not even try to repair and there is now bedding where I think he missed on his angle and came up through the tang as he missed a couple more times with the through hole.
I bring it to the local smith who says there is a good chance the stock is no good espessially if the tang area is nothing more than bedding. I have to sand about an 1/8 of an inch to get it close to the receiver we will see if the bedding grows or goes away.
Can I bring small claims across state lines? I nowhave a bill for 1385.00 he included with it and did not take care of the shipping either way.

Local smith says not even close to a 1685 job .

Looking for feedback and how you may proceed.

https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/galleries/14595505#Post14595505

What you have done is not nearly as important as how you have done it!!!
The Old Fart 2008 A.D.