Originally Posted by Pappy348
Originally Posted by Blackheart
Originally Posted by ratsmacker
Originally Posted by Redneck
I've no personal experience with a Henry... However, last week the LGS owner called me to say he had one in for a minor repair (I have done work for him for over 20 years).. I got there and he showed me a Henry rifle. Problem is - the idiot owner apparently tried to mount a scope, promptly broke off a screw, then TRIED TO D/T THE OTHER THREE TO 8X40tpi!! And he totally butchered one hole - so bad that I looked at it and passed on the job.. I told Mike to try sending it back to Henry and see what they would say about it..

A week later I happened into the store and asked Mike about that Henry. He replied, "you know what they did?? They sent him a new rifle, free!" I hadda reel my jaw back off the floor.. That was OUTstanding service in my book..

Yes, and if you email the company, the company president himself will answer it. He even answers questions over on RFC sometimes. That tells me he's serious about customer service, and customer relations in general. I don't own a Henry of any flavor, as I'm not all worked up about leverguns generally, but I have to say that it says a lot about the company, that the president puts himself out there to and for the customer.
I will say that I have been tempted to buy a .22WMR Henry a couple of times, but have always talked myself out of it.
I finally bought a Henry .22 magnum lever awhile back. Shoots ok for a lever {1" for 5 shots at 50 yards} and functions well.

That's about as good as my 9422M did. I bought it because MuleDeer got real lucky with the one he bought. At current prices, I don't see any more of those in my future. Have to tale a look at the Henrys to see how they stand.

I can say that their CS is pretty good. I called yesterday about choke tubes, and while the very nice lady didn't have a total answer, she put me on the right path, and told me about a promotion they have for a free gun case. Score!
Yeah, I'd rather have a 9422M myself but am unwilling to pay the the price for one.