Oldelkhunter: First off DO NOT believe or give any credence to anything "small twig" (or dipstick or what ever he calls himself!) writes or utters!
He is an imbecile with an ego gone berserk!
Years ago I wanted a custom Rifle in a high performance (wind bucking - flat shooting) caliber for my twice yearly (once to Montana and once to Wyoming) Antelope/Mule Deer Hunts.
I settled on the 240 Weatherby cartridge - and have been happy as a clam ever since - both with its accuracy and lethality!
My 240 Weatherby custom was built on a pre-64 Model 70 action and has a 27" Hart stainless barrel.
Not only is this cartridge/Rifle an Antelope killing machine it has also harvested several Mule Deer along with numerous Coyotes and a few ultra-long range Rock Chucks!
Back when I was planning this Rifle and deciding on a caliber a couple of my friends tried to deride the radiused shoulder case of the 240 Weatherby as being "non-conducive" to attaining the necessary accuracy.
My first trip to the range proved them wrong!
I have a Leupold 6.5x20 variable on my 240 Weatherby and for my uses it is simply perfect!
I have been extremely impressed with the flat shooting, wind bucking, light recoiling and accurate 240 Weatherby cartridge and highly recommend you find and maintain a place your Rifle will "fit" in your long term arsenal.
Some decades ago I had a friend who owned a ranch in eastern Montana and he bought a Weathery Mark 5 in 240 Weatherby for Antelope, Mule Deer and Coyotes Hunting - eventually over the years (with different bullets) he harvested several Elk with it as well.
Enjoy.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy