I've been using the the .35 cal 200gr RN Remington Core-lokt in my 35 Rem since I first started loading for it and I have become convinced that it is THE bullet to use in my Marlin 336. I've killed a good truckload with them and have never recovered a bullet but the wounds indicate that they are expanding well and they stay on a more or less straight line.
But my questions are ...... Have you ever used these in a 358Winchester? If so how have they performed? At what velocity are you shooting them? Will they take the extra velocity of the the 358Win or will they come apart with the extra speed. I expect to have an exit with every thing I load . It has been my experience that two holes bleed better than one! But most of the time deer drop in the spot or fall in sight. No trackers need apply.
I think that full throttle velocity from the 35Whelen will exceed the bullet's design too far and have core/ jacket separation that would not have an exit because of bullet blow up. I have been shooting the 200gr Hornady RN Interlocks or 225gr Nosler Partitions in the 358 for years and like them. The 35 Whelen is far more gun than necessary for Louisiana whitetails but 35 caliber rifles are fun! The 358 works very well so I added a Whelen to my batch of 35cal rifles to have even more fun!
What are your thoughts about the 200gr RN Remington Core-lokts in the 358Win and the 35 Whelen? Any actual experiences?

"I know you believe that you understand what you think that I said...
But I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."
( A quote of my Father)