Originally Posted by 01Foreman400
Wrong caliber, wrong finish, wrong maker and wrong stock material. So no it’s not perfect for me. Don’t really matter what i think though. Sounds like it’s perfect for you.

Now I have to admit this is about the most perfectly self-aware, fair, and judicious disagreement I have ever read on an internet forum. Well said, sir.
I on the other hand, have the same rifle except in 6.5x55 (factory chambered) and think it's just the bomb. The only thing I did different is I wanted to preserve the original stock so I found a green, grey, and brown Winchester factory wood laminate stock on eBay and glassed my barreled action to it, just to preserve resale value on this somewhat rare chambering. I don't even know which rifle it originally came on...anyone? I've killed a bunch of critters with it. But how I wish it had a little shorter throat! With the full length magazine, I just load every 6.5 bullet with the heel of the slug even with the base of the neck and I still have a LONG drive to the lands.

Yours is a lovely rifle.
Rex