Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
I like the XTR featheweights, but I'd rather have a classic. I sold the last XTR fwt to a guy here and it ended up being the best rifle for that guys daughter. She loves it and that's all that matters. When guys say they have the perfect rifle, I think good for them, as I have many perfect rifles. One of my good buddies told me that I always try to improve on the already perfect rifle and he only wished he could have 1 perfect rifle. They are out there for sure. You just got to know what it is that makes it perfect for you. To me that means, it has to look good, it has to fit well, it has to be perfectly balanced (when I hunt, my rifle is in hand 99% of the time). Hopefully you guys know what I mean by perfectly balanced. I know if they are right after one day in the field. I'm like Ingwe, I like my burris FFII 3-9x40 with ballistic plex rifle scopes on my hunting rifles. They have yet to let me down in the field or at the range. Here's a tikka that is fairly new to me, it shoots sub moa and balances out perfectly. It also looks good:
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Another rifle that weighs just a hair (and I'm talking a fat pubic hair) more is my pre 64 model 70. That rifle is damn near perfect:
The Tikka above is jealous of how this old factory rifle (made in '56) shoots..

Speaking of Tikka's, this one is damn near perfect for stretching its legs (the reason it has a bigger scope on it):
The funny thing is, this "superlite" weighs more than the super old featherweight rifle in the above pic. It shoots slightly better though:

Some guys used to think the old Ruger boat paddle was about "perfect", especially for extremely wet and miserable weather:
This rifle would be sub 8 pounds if I had the lighter FFII 3-9x40 on it. I was shooting steel with it at 400 yards to test the accuracy. The old Ruger is a shooter too... Perfect? Maybe for some, but not for others.

Damn now I’m just a guy on the forums that really hurts.. I get it you are mr high roller these days, you can’t be caught associating with us common folks.. I will always remember the great times we had, and I understand it’s not you, it’s me😭😭😭

Last edited by 79S; 03/22/20.

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.