"BUT, were we to apply Col. Whelen's criterion, is it "interesting?" Inquiring minds want to know..."

Well, as no one else seemed to want to answer this, I'll post my results I have the M70 FWT in 7x57 and depending on the load it shoots anywhere from .375" to .75" depending on how well I'm shooting. Best groups have been with the Nosler ballistic tips with Partitions not far behind. Once I found the right seating depth 150 gr. Winchester power points ran right at .75" and a sometime slightly less. Sierra 170 gr. round nose run right at .50"as did the Hornady RNs until I ran out.
On the other hand, and to to be fair to the rifle, my M70 FWT in .257 Roberts hasn't proven to shoot all that well but I'll admit to not doing very much with it due to other projects taking precedence. On the other hand, my son in law's M70 257 Roberts FWT was a tack driver right off the bat with 100 gr. Barnes TSX. My rifle with the same load scatters them to hell and gone. Just the difference in guns.
I did the load work up for his .257 and his FWT in .300 WSM which ran right around .75" with the 165 gr. Ballistic tip. That's the bullet he wanted to so so that's what I gave him. When I get that .257 worked out then I can say they're all pretty accurate but as whole based on four rifles with three out of the four being good shooters,I'd say the odd are in favor of them being good shooting rifles. Would I buy another one? Hell yes. I like the look and they out shoot the Remington m700s I have. Maybe not by much but they do just that. THey also fit me like a glove.
Paul B.

Our forefathers did not politely protest the British.They did not vote them out of office, nor did they impeach the king,march on the capitol or ask permission for their rights. ----------------They just shot them.
MOLON LABE