Call this bull the wolf bull. Wolves had moved into our country and really scattered the elk. There’s a big hill with a road to the top that you can glass probably 30 square miles and most times count up to 300 head of elk. The hill is also one of the only places to get cell reception. The night before all of the guides had driven to the hill to make calls home and whatnot. There was a Fed pickup parked up there and we figured he was using the phone. In the morning I decided to go back to the hill and hopefully see something. As soon as we topped out in the dark I saw the Fed pickup was still there. As I got out to set up I could hear a bull bugling. I set up my tripod and soon found the bull and 7 cows. As I was watching them figuring out a plan a shaggy haired sleepy kid emerges from the fed pickup. He asked if I could see anything and I said yeah some elk. I asked if he was broke down and he said he was monitoring wolves, he was a F&S wolf biologist. I asked him where they were to which he replied he could just tell me what direction they were was about it. Refocusing on the elk unnoticed they were alert on something. Thinking a hunter might be making a move I panned you and there were 6 wolves,a breeding pair and 4 pups crossing the pasture. I said well he’ll there’s your wolves, and I don’t think he believed me. He said, no... really. Damn straight right down there!!! He asks if he can look through my glass So I let him slide behind me tripod. He yells THATS SO COOL!!! I’VE NEVER SEEN THEM BEFORE!!! Wtf?!? I look at my hunter and decide we better go kill this bull as they had started to move off due to the wolves. We haul butt down there and I rake the bull into 30 some yards and he smokes him. Kinda anticlimactic kill but a cool lead up!

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]how much money does a forensic anthropologist make

"I used to be a tired hunting guide, now I'm just a re-tired hunting guide"

"No eternal reward will forgive us now, for wasting the dawn" JM

Jared