Great story and memory.

Originally Posted by NMpistolero
My best friend’s last bull before he passed away two months after this hunt. This was the last night of the hunt and I’d passed up a few bulls and I chose to hunt with him for one last hoorah. Nothing was happening so we hauled butt to a dirt tank 30 minutes before dark. We’d only been for about 15 mins when we heard a bull blow down the canyon. Knowing he probably wouldn’t make it to the tank with enough time to shoot we made a move. I told Trev to use my rifle as his had taken a tumble that morning. Luckily the bull bugled a couple more times enough for us to pinpoint him. He was pushing a cow and and a quick spike bugle stopped him and Trev smokes him!! As we were there watching him I looked down and right there was a mountain lion skull!! I whisper yelled look at that! He was still watching the bull and said yeah he’s down, I said no look at this and grabbed the skull! Crazy find. As we walked up to the bull we embraced and he thanked me, I thanked him for being my friend and for some reason I teared up. At the time I couldn’t figure out why, a short two months later I knew.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]