My best friend’s last bull before he passed away two months after this hunt. This was the last night of the hunt and I’d passed up a few bulls and I chose to hunt with him for one last hoorah. Nothing was happening so we hauled butt to a dirt tank 30 minutes before dark. We’d only been for about 15 mins when we heard a bull blow down the canyon. Knowing he probably wouldn’t make it to the tank with enough time to shoot we made a move. I told Trev to use my rifle as his had taken a tumble that morning. Luckily the bull bugled a couple more times enough for us to pinpoint him. He was pushing a cow and and a quick spike bugle stopped him and Trev smokes him!! As we were there watching him I looked down and right there was a mountain lion skull!! I whisper yelled look at that! He was still watching the bull and said yeah he’s down, I said no look at this and grabbed the skull! Crazy find. As we walked up to the bull we embraced and he thanked me, I thanked him for being my friend and for some reason I teared up. At the time I couldn’t figure out why, a short two months later I knew.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

"I used to be a tired hunting guide, now I'm just a re-tired hunting guide"

"No eternal reward will forgive us now, for wasting the dawn" JM

Jared