RIO7,

You sir are now elected as Captain of the all star team. I thought I was doing pretty good, my friends call my room the gun shop. I am however way far behind.

I was still living and working full time in Massachusetts when Katrina struck. I took time off and loaded my pickup and cargo trailer up with supplies I thought friends and family would need. As part of my security for the trip I took my HiPower and three hundred rounds of carry ammo and my police 870 with a hundred round mix of slugs and buckshot. The first night there my brother's inlaw asked me did I have any extra ammo for his Glock 9mm. I reached under the seat and gave him a hundred rounds. Then his other inlaw asked me for ammo for his Glock 40 which I did not have. That's when I got a case of the azz and told them they were a sorry excuse for a bunch of rednecks. All guns and no ammo, what the Hell.

Not that I needed a new lesson, but that experience reinforced the mind set of needing to be prepared, whether it be food, shelter, guns and ammo, equipment, medicine or cash. I absolutely have no need for someone else to tell me what I have to much of.