Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

I'm not a religious guy and quite frankly I think these people are irresponsible in their actions. God doesn't protect Christians from a hurricane, earthquake or tornado, I don't see why he's going to make an exception with Corona - and to date he has not.

That said, I don't really see a difference constitution wise from the corona virus and the government telling a church they can't meet because of any political reason. Then again, no one is ever going to accuse me of being a constitutional scholar.

I know there is some precedent against some of the religions that don't believe in traditional medicine when it comes to the life of a child, but this is adults choosing the practice their religion.

I also assume that one could argue no one is stopping them from assembling but the CDC recommends 6 feet apart or they should meet remotely via the internet - however that is a law regarding the free exercise thereof and the right of the people to peaceably assemble.

interesting times.

Last edited by KFWA; 03/31/20.

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings