Originally Posted by Jim1611
Matthew 5:45 states
That ye may be the children of your Father which is in heaven: for he maketh his sun to rise on the evil and on the good, and sendeth rain on the just and on the unjust.

We're all part of a fallen world and have to live with what happens. In regard to gathering for worship. Paul Harvey used to say that self government will not work without self discipline. Our church is not assembling as normal. I miss church very much and seeing my friends but for now we are being safe. We have many elderly members that are as dear to me as my own family and though I don't mind the risk for me I refuse to put them in danger. I think by taking this approach we take the government's power away from them.

This where I am at... We also have a number of widows in the 80 to 90 year range, several with frail health. However, they feel strongly to be at church whenever the doors are open.

We have in the past cancelled services on marginal snow/ice days simply to NOT put the elderly members at risk of a slip, fall, broken hip. For me, same philosophy here. While we may arguably have the constitutional right to gather, it is not worth the downside risk to health and well being of our elderly members. JMO. YMMV.