See what you mean, I increased the magnification on my desk top screen as much as I could without blurring the SS#, thought it could be either 237xxx or 287xxx. Studied it some and started seeing what you posted 297xxx. Not real sharp detail. Barrel stamping is as you posted also indicating around a 1927 build. Can't see the SAVAGE MODEL 99 in top of the receiver ring worth a hoot. Picture #8 sort of looks like its there, has to be. Nice rifle, wish they had started their 'starting bid' lower. Gun like that I'd rather buy on site vs online, but I've never been strung on GB in the seven years I have bought off of it. Do as much research as possible, phone calls, PM's, and additional questions and photo's. Possibly worth the asking start bid, I've heard them going for more, but a bidding war could jack it up a lot more. I'd be more comfortable paying $300 less, but I could be all wet to as to the value. 99's in my area don't always sell as high as in states where they can be used for large game hunting due to the fact bottle neck cartridges are illegal for deer hunting.

Originally Posted by KeithNyst
Originally Posted by Fireball2
This is one I'd like to know more about from the collectors that know the earlier guns better than I. I have a couple like this in 30-30 but don't recall seeing this rifle in 250-3000, is it a hard to fnd one? Thanks in advance. And btw, good Saturday fellas!

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/854459240

Check the top barrel marking on this vs. the SN and compare it Murray's. I think he read the SN wrong, more like 297xxx and 1927

Last edited by Savage94C; 04/04/20.