Originally Posted by Rick99
Other than what has been posted about serial vs barrel... that pricey rear sight is missing a screw and there is no photo of the left top tang area (crack?).

Not rare but not an easy find. More likely to find a .250 G than an F. At that time .30 cal anything was still king in hunting rifles.

Good thing I can read what all of you eagle eyed 'experts' see in the gun, I'm not at that level yet, but glad I'm on this forum and have David Royals and Doug Murray's books. I'll have to go back with everything you've all said and reexamine, also compare with info and pics in Davids book and Murrays info. When I first got into buying and shooting British 303 Enfields, 03 Springfields, K98k Mausers, and M1 Garand's I didn't know anything but basic this and that. After buying a number of good highly respected books on each style and make of rifle, I educated my self pretty good. Can now see something on GB or at GunShows and pick out what is right and what isn't. I put the GB Model 99F on my GB watch list to see what comes of it, still say they've got their starting bid way to high. Their other 99's aren't getting any bids either.