Originally Posted by 99guy
That is not a rare gun. It's an early 250 F. My Uncle has one. I've seen other 250's in same configuration. The ones with the integral front sights between about 1920/21 and 27/28 are definitely nicer and more desirable than the later ones IMO. An early G in 250 would get my heart racing a lot faster

This rear dovetail sight is wrong. The gun looks original but it's not in high condition.

If I wanted it, which I don't, I would not give more than $1000 as is.

Even that a stretch.

In my post where I penned -$300 for the rifle I'd be more comfortable vs the asking price, I was going to put around $1000-1100, but thought maybe I was going to low. If I lived within reasonable driving distance to the shop I'd make the trip, examine in person and make an offer if it looked good. Rather have a checkered 250/3000 Model F, but..... smile

S99VG posted that the gun store that is posting the Gun Broker 99 is more of the 'boutique' style store. The pictures of it I saw on its website...ya, it's more on the fancy, polished floor, everything neat and orderly style. Nothing wrong with that I guess, but I prefer the more laid back style where if ya happen to accidently drag a little mud into the place they don't get the 'hazmat' crew coming out. Have two GS in my area. One is so laid back the owner keeps a BB gun handy in case a mouse shows its face and takes a shot if a clear safe shot can be taken. Has easy chairs, table full of gun mags, catologs-coffee pot always full, wife makes cookies-nice place to go and sit and shoot the breeze. The other is the boutique style, polished floors, not a speck of dust, not a thing out of place, ya walk in, buy whatever, no time to shoot the breeze, higher prices also. Send more $$ in the other one.

Last edited by Savage94C; 04/05/20.