Can only comment on the 6x. Seems to work perfectly, but has several disadvantages as a hunting scope, for me anyway: reticle, form factor, and weight (for 6x). The form factor made me drop another scope that was otherwise totally satisfactory at about the same weight, a Tract 3-12. Tall turrets are a giant PITA in the woods and in treestands. I sold the Tract, but kept the SS because if its great utility as a range tool, but it doesn't have a pemanent home as yet. If I buy another SWFA, it'll likely be the 3-9, but even on sale that one's priced close enough to the SHV that I'd probably pop for that instead. 20oz or thereabouts is about my limit for a hunting scope. Lighter is better, as long as the reliability doesn't suffer.

You're not missing anything, you just have different needs and notions. Those who want or need to dial in the field are going to want turrets that make that easy, along with accurate adjustments. The rest of us don't want to tote the bulk for something we don't need.

What fresh Hell is this?