All this and a 243 AI that I've owned a few times before deciding to keep and shoot the snot out of.

Originally Posted by teal
Originally Posted by Jackie_Treehorn
Originally Posted by teal
I was told by a guy in Alaska everyone seems to hate that a 6x Milquad would track very well, hold zero and be tough as hell - all at a price about a zero less than some other names you typically by for such performance. So I bought one.

My 6x Milquad has tracked well, holds zero and seems to be tough as hell. All at that good price.

Wasn't hype anymore than saying "water is wet" only to find out that water, is in fact, wet.

He convinced me of the same thing and I bought a 10x demo package that was also on sale for $250. They're a hell of a robust scope, but pretty damned heavy.

I also have a Montucky in 7-08 due to the same influence - been absolutely everything I was promised there as well.

While the SS on the Montucky does feel out of place - overall - the rifle is still a joy to shoot. I'm thinking a lighter scope would be welcome but it's not necessary. I'll gladly put up with the robust and weight at this point over wondering if my scope is still working like it should. Too many people love the fact that certain brands have awesome CS and replace scopes on a revolving door basis.

IMO - the BEST customer service is the one you never need to use. That's just me. I'd rather just get a good product that holds up from day one rather than no hassle trade 4 to find one that works - for a while....

“Live free or die. Death is not the worst of evils.” - General John Stark.