How about getting back to the truck after chasing a covey of scaled quail, to find that all four doors are still open from everyone bailing out for the chase? grin.

Hope you'll all forgive my sarcasm. But to see TheKid get picked on because he's younger than these guys, and doesn't define doubles or triples "correctly", so he must be inexperienced. The experiences he's posted say otherwise.

How about I'll tell about a few of my proudest "doubles", or rather "two birds out of the same flock/covey".

Jumping ponds for ducks with a younger brother, we flushed a few mallards at close range at one pond, we both knocked down drakes, a hen flew in a circle behind us, I reloaded my single shot and dropped her into the field. To some inexperience boys that was a pretty cool "triple"!

Driving through some oaks/grassland, again with a younger brother, saw some mearns quail run into a patch of grass. We bailed out, him with a shotgun, me with my bow. Had to use my binoculars at ~10 yards to find the quail in the grass, I shot one, one flew, little brother missed. Third bird flew, and he dropped it. We considered that a "double", didn't know any better, but I do now.

Oh yeah, this fall, took some distant cousins hunting for coues whitetail deer. Neither had killed anything prior, both teenagers. We hunted through a desert snow storm, and ended up in range of some small bucks. Visibility was terrible, finally she could find the buck in the scope, made a great shot, her brother hopped on the rifle, second buck stopped, another good shot. The two kids pulled a "double" on coues bucks. I don't think i'll tell them it might not count due to a technicality. grin.