Originally Posted by Dutch
If you want to have a dog that makes 600 yard casts, get a pointer. JMO, Dutch.

There are lots of breeds I'd like to try but I don't think I could ever bring myself to pick anything other than a GSP. I have two and they're absolutely great family dogs that will hunt until they drop. Very easy to train and will hunt ANY range you specify if you do your part. Course that goes for everything else you ask as well..... cool

This little girl deserves her own Hall of Fame.... smile Lookin' at that pic took me back to when I was training her. I bought that Tri-Tronics collar so I could be like all the other guys I saw but with the help of a few trainers who trained ME how to train her, it turned out to be money NOT well spent. I started slow, let her have a bunch of fun, used positive re-enforcement, repeated my lessons ALOT, kept control over her with a check-cord until she was 100% on, patiently increased the range, and varied the training areas. When ya figure that out, just about any breed is a push-over to train IMO. She's coming up on 13 now and getting really slow. It'll be hard to hunt again after she's gone.... frown

[Linked Image]

Biden's most truthful quote ever came during his first press conference, 03/25/21.
Drum roll please...... "I don't know, to be clear." and THAT is one promise he's kept!!!