Auk1124: Your story reminds me of the welfare cheat I scared the "cheese" out of here in Montana!
I was headed up to Butte, Montana to peruse the pawn and sport shops one day several years ago. I had just gotten off of the freeway and was passing a Safeway store when I see this little old bum type man trundling out of the Safeway store with a couple of large heavy shopping bags - one in each hand. He was walking the way I was going as I stopped at a sport shop.
Then in a few minutes I headed for the next nearby pawn shop.
I walk in and low and behold no one is at the gun counter and I walk around a bit - there in the open office area of the pawn shop is the little old man bum and his shopping bags are up on the desk and the shop owner lady was going through the "steaks" that said bum had "purchased' at the Safeway 10 blocks back!
She was actually using a calculator to divie up his meats worth - her words "how about $80.00 that is just more than half their cost - how does that suit you" I was close enough to see and hear this and I approached the two cretins and in my harshest tone/voice I said "that does not suit me at all"!
The look on that bitches face was of stunned shock and silence - it was priceless!
The bum was lit and hardly moved - but his eyes got real big.
I turned and walked out.
I am sure I spoiled that one illegal use of "food stamps"!
At least I hope I did.
Sad.
New owners now at that pawn shop now.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy