Originally Posted by Brad
Originally Posted by ringworm
Why wouldn't it disappear?

Exactly.

Fine in Africa perhaps, but for 99.9 % of what is hunted here by 99.9% of hunters it’s pointless. But then, so are most Medium Bores.

Brad, I'll hang up my ole nine three if you take me elk hunting. That's some dmn good eatin food. A buddy from Utah brought me 1lb of elk back strap. I ate the whole package in one setting. Good variation from the doldrums of caribou.

For my .1%, I'd probably borrow a 308 winchester carbine for that steep stuff. Load me up some swift or nosler 200 grainers over Mr 2000 please.

In trade, I'd put yah on a moose. I'd loan you an ole nine three. I'd ask yah to take out the front quarter bones, so we don't have to quarter him in a swamp hole. No romanticized one shot one kill bullsht. Keep hitting that front end.

A Koyukon Athabascan Indian who puts away 60-70 inchers his whole life, swears by his 375.

The one time he used a 308 Winchester/180 grainers on a massive bull, he shot it five times square in the front end and lungs. It kept moving. Even after the fifth round.

Last edited by mainer_in_ak; 04/14/20.