A lot of us younger voters had an unrealistic view about a politician and the second amendment. When your first real experience in a president is a fggt from Chicago blaming everything on guns and gun owners you get a bit jaded.

We believe in the constitution as written and that every gun law is an infringement (yes even stupid bump stocks) and we expected a president that would honor that. Especially the president that said the 8 year assault on the second amendment is over.

It’s been a steep learning curve, but I’ve came to the realization that a totally pro gun presidential candidate isn’t going to make it on the stage. I’d love a president that came out and said all gun laws are an infringement and did everything in his power to reverse current laws including the NFA. But that guy isn’t running and he wouldn’t get any votes if he was.

I voted for Trump in the primary and the election in 2016 and I’ve bitched about him probably more than I should since but I’ll be voting for him again this fall.

Last edited by widrahthaar; 04/19/20.