I talked to Tom Manners not long if they came out with their mini chassis, asking him if they had seen any noticeable difference in accuracy between the mini chassis and an epoxy and pillar bedding job. He told me it was very minimal, generally less than .1 MOA using the same barreled action in each stock.

One of the best shooting rigs I’ve ever had was in an MPA aluminum chassis. It was not epoxy bedded and I shot some phenomenal (for me) groups with it. One that comes to mind was five shots in about 3” at 700 yards with a Criterion barrel chambered in 22-250 launching 75gr Amaxes at 3200. Can’t imagine that bedding would have improved on that group.

Edited to add: Some bedding blocks and chassis are better than others. I know from experience that the MPA chassis and Manners mini chassis showed more repeatable return to zero and better precision after removing and replacing barreled actions than Bell and Carlson and HS Precision stocks did for me. Long Rifles Inc used to advertise their truing procedure for aluminum bedding blocks.

John

Last edited by Hondo64d; 04/25/20.

If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14