I know that you "did NOT say that any action can be dropped into any "beddding block" stock and shoot well." The rifle shooting " as well " as the in the bedded wood stock would not have surprised me though. It shooting better is what surprised me. I have only had two stocks with a bedding block. One is an H.S. and the other is a B&C from a Rem Mtn Rifle. Neither has had any bedding work done.

I put a very accurate .243 into the H.S. for a while and it shot as well as it had in the factory wood but it is a Varmint stock while the .243 is a sporter barrel. The action fit very good and showed no signs of stress. I did not care for how it looked though and eventually took it off of that stock.

The Mtn Rifle stock has had three different actions in it and all three have fit very well = no signs of stress. The problem with that stock is the thickness of the grip and forearm make it feel like a club to me. My .223 and .243 have both shot just as well in it as they did in other stocks.

I really should try selling the HS and either sell or take a rasp to the B&C. I am a bit scared about cutting through the shell if I should decide to cut down the B&C. I will eventually probably end up with both in a McM Mtn Rifle stock as that is my favorite for deer hunting and a walking varmint rifle.

Those who are always shooting off at the mouth usually aren't shooting straight.

Build a man a fire and he’ll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he’ll be warm for the rest of his life.

www.wvcdl.org