Originally Posted by Crowkiller
I have a 7mm/08 I had in a Bell and Carlson stock with an aluminum bedding block. Accuracy improved after I skim bedded it.
I found a take off LVSF stock for it, bedded it, and moved it over to it and have hunted with it in that stock for about 6 years.
I recently picked up a Magpul bottom metal and aics magazine for it, and decided to inlet the original stock for it. When I finally had it done, cleaned up and torqued down, I took it to the range to check zero. First three rounds, in he black, at 200. After years in another stock.

So in my opinion, skim bed the aluminum bedding block.

I've never used a rifle with one of those in it. But, I can't see how a bit of bedding would hurt it. Manufacturer's can't make stock that fit every barreled action they make perfectly why would you think any better could be done with a different type bedding surface? I have a 700 that came in a plastic stock. I think the plastic was poured around the barreled action it fit so tight. Didn't shoot at all so I cut out everything till I could drop the barrel action in and remove it easily then bedded the thing Got done and it shot great. It seem's to me that each barreled action is not exactly the same but rather within tolerances which would mean to me, most are different. Think of what we do to get a fired case to fit out chamber rather than the SAMMI chamber. The difference is chamber's are cut to tolerances. I suspect aluminum bedding blocks and plastic stocksare too.