Originally Posted by Birdwatcher
Originally Posted by MAC
I spent 25 years in the USN. So, yeah I've got them. But I got them in places you don't see. I can be standing next to you in a short sleeved shirt and you will never know that standing next to you is a tatted up retired Navy Chief. I was smart enough to know that after the USN I'd still have to work since you can't really retire on military retired pay. First impressions being important I wanted to look respectable. I now teach HS and not one of the other teachers, faculty staff or students even know I have them.

Back in the winter of '83 I drove a truckload of blankets from New York State out to Pine Ridge in South Dakota, and subsequently met the guy who later played the role of the wise old guy in Dances with Wolves (the guy who gets taken out by Wes Studi's Pawnee).

In the movie he's always wearing a hide or buckskin shirt, long sleeves.

The reason for that is he was a lifer in the Navy, and down each arm had tattoed the names of several vessels, a bunch. I would guess those were the names of the ships he had served on.

This is an example of a passive/aggressive post. Speak plainly, you're not as clever as you think.

MAGA