Originally Posted by TATELAW
CDNN has these Hawkeyes in 308, 30-06, 270, and 280. The 30-06 specs says 20 inch barrel versus 22 on the rest. The only Hawkeyes I'm aware of with 20 inch barrels are the RL models, or Ultralights as they are more commonly known. Did Ruger make the Hawkeye Ultralight in a 30-06 in the blued/synthetic configuration? Or is this possibly a misprint on the CDNN ad? Anyone on here bought one of these? I love the Ruger Ultralights and $500 sounds like a great deal on one if that is really what they are selling.

Yes Ruger did make one, and I had one. That was before my last shoulder surgery and it was just too much on my bum shoulder. I really liked the way it felt. The trigger was good. The balance felt slightly different from the typical Ruger UL, not in a good or bad way, just different. I guess the synthetic stock shifted the weight.

When you do a google search on Ruger model 37183, it comes back with conflicting info. CDNN really needs to go pull one of these things out of the box, see what it is and describe it correctly for their customers. That is if they want to sell them.

I guess you could always order one and before signing the paperwork at the FFL take a look and refuse it if it is not as described.