Originally Posted by TATELAW
CDNN has these Hawkeyes in 308, 30-06, 270, and 280. The 30-06 specs says 20 inch barrel versus 22 on the rest. The only Hawkeyes I'm aware of with 20 inch barrels are the RL models, or Ultralights as they are more commonly known. Did Ruger make the Hawkeye Ultralight in a 30-06 in the blued/synthetic configuration? Or is this possibly a misprint on the CDNN ad? Anyone on here bought one of these? I love the Ruger Ultralights and $500 sounds like a great deal on one if that is really what they are selling.

Bought one of the 20" .30-06 rifles for a SIL.. I'm still jealoous. Did the scope zeroing and loved shooting the thing.

Bought an All Weather Hawkeye in .280 Rem (not from CDNN, so I paid more). It is a tack driver and my go elk hunting this fall with my 7mm RM. It likes the various140g bullets I've tried and the new Federal Terminal Ascent 155g. Load development has been drop dead easy.using duplicate 5-round ladders with 0.5g powder increments. Six shots into .875" with 140g TTSX. Three-shot scope check .75" with 162g AMAX, two shot scope check .70" with 140g North Fork SS-HP. Love the rifle.

Pick the one you like and go for it.

Last edited by Coyote_Hunter; 05/13/20. Reason: spelnig

Coyote Hunter - NRA Patriot Life, NRA Whittington Center Life, GOA, DAD - and I VOTE!

No, I'm not a Ruger bigot - just an unabashed fan of their revolvers, M77's and #1's.

A good .30-06 is a 99% solution.