Originally Posted by slumlord
We are under a frost advisory, next county over is in a freeze watch.

Our last ‘expected’ frosts occurs about April 20

So we always wait till about May 1st to move anything out of the greenhouse.

Dang, don't I wish

Last frost of the season last year was June 9. Hoping it's better this year.

Picked up +/- $70 of starts and some blueberry bushes the other day. Put out 16 cabbages and broccoli in the beds as it has been warming up and I figured they might take a bit of cold. Two nights later.......27F. Pretty sure the broccoli plants are all gone, the cabbages might make it. They've been getting covered at night..

Kept the warm season stuff in the little greenhouse, that 27F night burned the tops of some of the tomatoes and peppers. They've been coming inside at night since.

But, the garlic I put in last fall is looking great, the Egyptian onions really need thinning, the berry patch is getting leaves, and the strawberries have flowers on them.

And, with a fiber pot covering it every night, the artichoke I overwintered is going great guns too

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Although no strawberries yet, I did harvest some rhubarb and with the addition of some commercial berries we had a nice pie last night! (today and tomorrow too!)

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?