I enjoyed the article as well, MD! Thanks.

The talk of push feed rifles used by PHs in Africa reminded me of my PH in Zim who used a PF M70 in .416 Rem as well. We were walking through the tall grass tracking buffalo, me right behind him. He had a sling on his rifle and was carrying it on his shoulder. I was thinking, "I sure hope we don't accidentally run into a buff while we're in this stuff." At just that moment, I start to see pieces of his rifle falling off as we're walking. I hollered for him to stop and we realized that the action screws in his rifle had fallen out and the floor plate then popped off with the cartridges tumbling out in turn. Fortunately for him, the rear action screw was still attached, so that is all he lost. We spent the next 15 minutes or so looking for his action screw on the ground. It showed me just how much he paid attention to his rifle, not realizing things were loose and ready to fall apart. We never did find that action screw. He swapped out that rifle for .458 that he had for the rest of the hunt. I sent him some action screws when I got back to the States.