John, I've complimented your writing before and this is another opportunity for me to thank you for the entertainment, the factoids, the opinions...

And also it give me a chance to mention that I find your writing style -- effective grammar, useful punctuation -- to often be way more betterer than many of the other guys out there. Many are equally entertaining and so forth, but few use the language quite as well as you do.

I remember being out west on a few javelina hunts almost 30 years ago where I may have mentioned around the campfire that it was beginning to seem to me anything .223 or bigger would prob'ly work fine. The old salts just grinned; the new guys almost choked on their... er... coffee... or whatever it was in their mug at the time. I was mostly using handguns for hunting back then; didn't seem to need any special cartridge since that was more about sighting issues than anything else.

(Oh, and most of my rifles are family-pass-downs, including a dreaded PF in .338 WM, a .348 M71 with <gasp!> iron sights, and a .300 Savage M99 that is obviously less effective -- by definition -- than a .308 or a .30-'06.)

Cheers, -Chris