Well fellow shooters, I have an update for you!

After numerous load tests and assessments, the 45 Super rifle is fun as heck!

I have achieved some serious velocities with 185 XTP, 200 XTP, and 230 grain bullets and no significant high pressure indicators.

So far Long shot appears to be the powder of choice in my rifle.

The FULLY SUPPORTED CHAMBER and standard magnum action, 1" bull barrel, really handles this little case with absolute ease!

I have reached close to 1700 fps with 185 XTP's
VERY close to 1600 fps with 200 grain XTP's.
And I have managed to get 1450 fps with 230 grain Campro Hollow points.

I have found that at some point as the powder charges gradually go up, the groups start to open up noticeably.
Once the accuracy gets out of my expectations (2-1/2" + at 100 yds).

I simply back down to where the accuracy is best and stick with that charge.

I have never yet experienced any case failures of any kind yet. Not lose primers or excessive case head expansion.
I started with Federal large pistol, Blazer small pistol primer, and Starline 45 Super brass.

I have managed 6-7 groups that have been sub-MOA at 100, but the average seems to be around 1-3/4 to 1-1/4" at 100 yds.

I am starting to partial size the cases, just to resize the portion that contacts the bullet when seated. I will test to see if this helps with bullet bore alignment, and results in a more consistant load. We will see if it helps.

I have yet to test some 250 grain XTP bullets. If they shoot well and velocity goals are achieved, they should be the best bet to use on game if I decide to use it. This combo should come close to 45 Long colt velocities. At speeds like that, the bullet wont be driven too hard for its construction.

This rifle is going to be a riot on the gopher fields!!!