Today I tested some loads with the Hornady 250 grain XTP, .452 diameter bullets in the 45 Super.

So far the average velocity of my favorite load was 1295 fps! I am choosing to stop there. No need for more than that.

I also started developing some 230 Grain Hornady HAP bullet loads. I managed to get 1410 fps out of my favorite load there.

All groups were inside my maximum 1-3/4" at 100 yards. Two groups at 1.100" and 1.250"

I shot a few bullets of each top load into some 2 liter water bottles at 100 yards (2 bottles Laid length wise in tandem), using a big box of tightly packed rags as a final back stop.
I covered the box in a garbage bag to basically eliminate getting the box wet from the spraying water. It worked awesome!

I managed to recover 2 bullets. The 230 grain Hap bullet expanded to .677" diameter.( this bullets is advertised to be designed "NOT" to expand). It retained 210 grains and mushroomed back into the base of it's massive hollow point. Looks like it performed well enough. It wasn't an even mushroom though. In this case a bullet that wasn't designed to expand at typical 45 ACP velocities "DOES"! I guess at speeds around 500 fps faster, it isn't too surprising. LOL!

The 250 grain XTP bullet mushroomed, as expected, BEAUTIFULLY! It was just under .750!" That 1295 fps velocity band is perfect for this bullet design!
The velocity of this bullet was 1030 fps (down range, at the 100 yard target) I believe (my notes are down stairs).

Now I know that this little rifle should be capable to take a deer sized animal effectively inside about 125 yards with little potential problem.

I am having so much fun with this!