Originally Posted by battue
OK, sounds better..
However, the extremes some are going to make allowances is getting absurd. Where I’m working social distancing is marginal to put mildly. At least one positive case in our specific hospital department that was quarantined for 2 weeks then returned to work. .

Where his generalization rubs wrong, is everyone I’m with right now is part of the generation he condemns, yet most every day they come to work and often are in close proximity- definitely not social distance-from a confirmed or unknown confirmed case.

Some need to get there ass out of the country every once in awhile and find out how others go about their day.

One could make a generalization re old farts who haven’t learned much, while being blessed with the opportunity to do so.

I didn't say I disagreed with closing the back country. I think some have a serious lack of understanding what constitutes back country.

I have lived "out of the country" and have seen how others go about their day which is the primary reason I live "out in the country". As for being an old fart, I am, but I learned enough that I don't want to live with the masses because in fact most all want to do what they think they need/want to do and could give a crap about how it effects others. The last 15 years I worked, I hired some of this generation I talked about.They think they get to decide when they come to work and go home, want 30minute breaks morning and afternoon, decide what work they want to do or not and want $60/hour for a $10 an hour job. I grant some of these dumb a$$es have gone to extremes, but as I said, they don't know what is going on so they take the most cautious approach they can. Thru all this and all the complainers I have not read or heard one viable alternative to what has been accomplished. As for learning much, I guarantee, the work I did before I retired would put most to shame and most would not do it on a bet.

Last edited by saddlesore; 05/10/20.

If God wanted you to walk and carry things on your back, He would not have invented stirrups and pack saddles