Originally Posted by AKwolverine
Originally Posted by beretzs
Could be. It's a standard profile channel along with a 14" LOP with a Pachmayr pad. I'll check it on a different scale tonight. I was thinking it'd be around 26-28 ounces. Not a deal breaker, just thought it'd be a touch lighter.

I have thought the same about several edge stocks I have purchased from McMillan recently. Quite a few in the 28-29 oz range. It does seem they have undergone a little weight gain in their older age. grin Perhaps they are more “robust “ now. (Grins)

I hear you, same here! The stock does feel real nice, as soon a I get some time I will fit it up on the 7 WSM and see how it really feels.

Originally Posted by RevMike
I'm curious as to how the weight of these compare to the older one's you already have. MPI offers a lightweight option that runs anywhere between 16 and 20 ounces, according to their website. The Dakota style would be similar to the very open wrist on the Bridges stock.

They used to be around 20-24 ounces Mike. I am not sure what has changed, but I know a few of the rifle builders have some fits over this ever changing weight of the stocks.

Semper Fi