Originally Posted by dan_oz
Originally Posted by Mule Deer

My wife also likes detachable magazines because she has enough arthritis in her hands to make top-loading a rifle magazine something of a pain in cold weather--which we get here. She really liked the system the Browning A-Bolt uses--a detachable magazine that snaps INSIDE a hinged floorplate, so it can't fall out during hunting.

Yes, I like that system too (and the rifle it is part of). It also allows easy top loading, for those not afflicted with the combination of arthritis and cold weather (ouch!).

Thrice approved. Wife has an A-Bolt Micro from the late '90s which uses the magazine system Mrs.MDs rifle uses. You couldn't buy that rifle from her. And she'd definitely shoot you if you tried to heist it. I have the same mag in floor plate system in an old BAR I got in 1969. Really nice deal. The old A-Bolts can be easily topped off or quickly removed for convenient unloading.And you're not going to accidently dump one while hunting. All the positives probably the reason the design was replaced.

“When Tyranny becomes Law, Rebellion becomes Duty”

Colossians 3:17 (New King James Version)
"And whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him."