June 25th is the Little Big Horn anniversary.... will be a good day to attend. After dark on the 26th they do a night blast on the Crazy Horse Memorial...I've never been there for it but it's on my list.

One thing that I never hear anyone mention when they discuss Yellowstone, is the memorial for the campers that are buried under the landslide from when the earthquake brought the mountainside down on them during the night. That slide formed Quake Lake.

If you're going to take Interstate 80 across Neb., Court House Rock, Chimney Rock and Fort Laramie were important points along the Oregon Trail and along the same highway( the Fort is a couple of miles off on another road at the town of Fort Laramie). Just a fairly quick loop off 80 and then back on.

If you go to Wall Drug on your return leg, go to the back building and wait for the T-Rex to do his thing... if they've got him tuned up the kids are going to enjoy it.

If you're planning on taking Interstate 29 north to Council Bluff to reach I-80, I'd recommend taking highway 2 over to Nebraska City and then on to I-80 at Lincoln. It's at the I-29 IA ten mile marker and will save you 45 minutes or so and is a good road. Look at a map and compare the routes going to Council to get on I-80 vs highway 2 to Lincoln... you'll see what I mean.

Last edited by teamprairiedog; 05/25/20.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla