Originally Posted by mathman
Originally Posted by Filaman

I hear a lot of talk about people using Partitions from a .243. This must be on deer much bigger than our Texas Whitetail. The only failures I've seen on these deer with either the 6mm or the .270 were with bullets I believe to be too tough to expand fast on a relatively small bodied deer. These were both Speer bullets and I know from results on deer I did kill with them that they are tough bullets that don't expand well on smaller game. I can only imagine what a Partition would do on one. It would no doubt make a complete pass through (as my youngest son has told me they will do (He's the guy that has to pee on the electric fence to learn.) with little expansion and not do a lot of immediately lethal damage.

I don't believe you understand the Partition. The front half is deliberately made soft for quick expansion.

No I wasn't aware of that. I've never used them. I just took it from experience not to use a real tough bullet. Now you've got me curious. I may give them a whirl. I've heard they were the best elk and large game bullets. In fact I always said that if I got to go on an elk hunt I'd try them. That was before I acquired a couple of magnums. In fact whatever I take if I ever go elk hunting it will be stoked with Partitions. I have grown to trust them listening to people i trusted talk about them. Now you have me wanting to try them on deer. I always just figured they were an elk bullet.

Somehow living in Texas all my life with a chronic shortage of elk, I missed that in my edumacational process.

Last edited by Filaman; 06/06/20.

What goes up must come down, what goes around comes around, there's no free lunch. Trump's comin' back, get over it!