Originally Posted by AZmark
What is the Southwest Summer Gathering? I live an hour from Quemado, might want to check it out.
AZmark - this gathering has been happening for about the past 10 or 12 summers up in the high country - after the first one at Quemado lake all of the remainder have been held at Armijo Springs NFS campground east of NM 32 about 22 miles south of US 60.. By and large, the folks attending have been first-rate and the experiences excellent. My wife and I had a home in the forest near the campground and were pleased when we could help with various aspects because we so much enjoyed all of the fine folks and the great camaraderie. Our SW group started the first one up there so that Ken Howell could easily attend - which he usually did and which we enjoyed - but, in actuality, Ken did not organize the gathering and, by that time, his poor health prevented him from helping with tasks . Ken is greatly missed.

To Kent: I appreciate what you are doing toward keeping this event going this summer and Maddy and I certainly will join in unless there is a date conflict with our 60th wedding anniversary celebration. Our family event will involve the last weekend in July and the first weekend in August (7-9) but any weekend after that should work just fine in our case. As Ben mentioned, he and I have some thoughts about location if that aspect is still an open question. Thanks again.

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron