I "know a guy" who had a customer pay me, I mean him, $25,000.00 in $20's about 20 years ago. Sounds great, but then I was like, I mean he was like, what the [bleep] do you do with all of it. Groceries, eating out, vacation, bought a tractor etc. "he" kept it in a zippered bank bag in the closet til it was gone.
Used to be a lot of people would want to pay cash and get a better deal. Haven't had that in a long time though. Cash as payment in a financial transaction is a dying thing. I went to get $10,000 out of my bank on a saturday to buy a piece of equipment that the guy insisted be a cash transaction, and they couldn't produce it. Had to go to the other two branches just to round it up.
We built a cell phone store next to a bank last year, the manager said something that surprised me. He said they'd be stupid to rob the bank next door, that they'd probably only have $100,000 in cash max. The cell phone store had close $1,000,000.00 plus in inventory in the rear in a room that had a steel door, but just drywall walls. You could kick your way into it.