Originally Posted by Bristoe
If you ever get sued to using one of the new generation battery powered chainsaws, nobody will be able to *give* you a gas powered chainsaw.

No yanking on a starter cord,...no messing with gas/oil mixture,...no gummed up carbs.

Just pick it up and pull the trigger, Set it down when you finish the cut. Pick it back up and pull the trigger when you need it again.

I've been using an Echo 58V cordless chainsaw for three years. I've lost track of the number of trees I've taken down with it. The largest had a 22" diameter trunk.

I don't think I can kill the Echo chainsaw. But if I ever do I'm going to buy a Stihl 220C cordless.
Mine's a Kobalt from Lowes. 80V. I got it because at the time I needed a saw it was Christmas and that and Dewalt were the only game in town. I sure haven't regretted it. Some friends got a Dewalt at the same time. The saws are almost identical but Dewalt has a slow charger. The Kobalt will recharge a dead battery in 30 min. The Dewalt will take at least double that time, maybe longer.
One thing about the Kobalt is the warranty. It's a store brand so if you need warranty work, just return it to any Lowes store for a refund or a new saw. They don't fix it, they replace it.

β€œIn a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.